Mee Rebus Utara is a popular dish in the northern region of Malaysia. It is a delicious noodle dish that is packed with flavors and is loved by many Malaysians. The dish is made with yellow noodles that are cooked in a flavorful broth and topped with a variety of ingredients. Mee Rebus Utara is known for its rich and spicy taste, which is perfect for those who love a bit of heat in their food.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make Mee Rebus Utara:
- 500g yellow noodles
- 200g bean sprouts
- 2 potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 3 cups of water
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of chili paste
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Salt to taste
Here are the step-by-step instructions to make Mee Rebus Utara:
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and chopped onion to the pan and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the curry powder and chili paste to the pan and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add the mashed potatoes and water to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the broth simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the tamarind paste, soy sauce, sugar, and salt to the broth and mix well.
- In a separate pot, boil the yellow noodles until they are cooked.
- Drain the noodles and divide them into individual serving bowls.
- Pour the hot broth over the noodles in each bowl.
- Garnish with bean sprouts and serve hot.
Here is the nutritional information for one serving of Mee Rebus Utara:
- Calories: 380
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Fat: 10g
- Fiber: 5g
Mee Rebus Utara is a delicious and satisfying noodle dish that is perfect for those who love spicy food. It is easy to make and can be enjoyed as a main course or as a snack. The rich and flavorful broth, combined with the noodles and toppings, makes this dish a favorite among Malaysians. So why not give this recipe a try and enjoy a taste of the northern region of Malaysia from the comfort of your own home?