For the base:
– 200g digestive biscuits
– 100g unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
– 400ml condensed milk
– 100g unsalted butter
– 100g dark chocolate, chopped
– 100g milk chocolate, chopped
– 200g Marie biscuits, roughly crushed
For the topping:
– 100g white chocolate, chopped
– 100ml whipping cream
– Grated chocolate, for garnish
1. Crush the digestive biscuits into fine crumbs using a food processor or by placing them in a plastic bag and crushing them with a rolling pin.
2. In a bowl, mix the melted butter with the biscuit crumbs until well combined.
3. Press the biscuit mixture into the bottom of a lined baking tin, making sure to press it down firmly.
4. In a saucepan, melt the butter and condensed milk together over low heat, stirring constantly.
5. Once the mixture is smooth, add in the dark chocolate and milk chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is well combined.
6. Remove the saucepan from heat and fold in the crushed Marie biscuits until they are evenly coated with the chocolate mixture.
7. Pour the filling over the biscuit base in the baking tin, spreading it out evenly.
8. In a separate saucepan, heat the whipping cream until it starts to simmer.
9. Remove from heat and add in the white chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
10. Pour the white chocolate mixture over the top of the cake, spreading it out evenly.
11. Garnish with grated chocolate and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight, until the cake is set.
12. Once set, remove the cake from the tin and slice into squares.
Serving Size: 1 slice (approx. 100g)
Enjoy this indulgent and delicious Kek Batik with your family and friends!