Mee Goreng Mamak is a popular Malaysian dish that is commonly found in Mamak stalls and Indian-Muslim restaurants. It is a stir-fried noodle dish that is packed with flavor and is loved by many Malaysians. This dish is known for its spicy and tangy taste, as well as its rich and aromatic aroma.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make Mee Goreng Mamak:
– 300g yellow noodles
– 200g bean sprouts
– 100g chicken breast (sliced)
– 100g prawns (cleaned and deveined)
– 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
– 2 shallots (sliced)
– 2 red chilies (sliced)
– 2 green chilies (sliced)
– 2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup
– 2 tablespoons of chili sauce
– 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
– 1 tablespoon of curry powder
– 1 tablespoon of sugar
– 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
– Salt to taste
Follow these steps to make Mee Goreng Mamak:
1. Heat the cooking oil in a wok or frying pan over medium heat.
2. Add the minced garlic and sliced shallots to the wok and sauté until fragrant.
3. Add the sliced chicken breast and prawns to the wok and cook until they are cooked through.
4. Push the ingredients to one side of the wok and crack the eggs into the empty side. Scramble the eggs until they are cooked.
5. Add the yellow noodles to the wok and stir-fry them with the other ingredients.
6. Add the bean sprouts, sliced red chilies, and sliced green chilies to the wok and stir-fry them for a few minutes.
7. In a separate bowl, mix together the tomato ketchup, chili sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, curry powder, sugar, and salt.
8. Pour the sauce mixture over the noodles and stir-fry everything together until well-combined.
9. Taste the noodles and adjust the seasoning if needed.
10. Serve the Mee Goreng Mamak hot and garnish with some sliced cucumber and a squeeze of lime juice.
Here is the approximate nutritional information for one serving of Mee Goreng Mamak:
– Calories: 400
– Fat: 10g
– Carbohydrates: 60g
– Protein: 20g
– Fiber: 5g
– Sodium: 800mg