Ketam masak lemak cili api is a popular Malay dish that combines the delicate sweetness of crab meat with the rich and spicy flavors of coconut milk and bird’s eye chili. This dish is often enjoyed with steamed rice and a variety of side dishes such as ulam and sambal belacan. The creamy and slightly spicy gravy of this dish is perfect for those who love bold and robust flavors.
For the crab:
– 500g fresh crabs, cleaned and cut into pieces
– 2 tablespoons cooking oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 onion, sliced
– 2 stalks lemongrass, bruised
– 3 kaffir lime leaves
– 1 cup coconut milk
– Salt to taste
For the spice paste:
– 5 bird’s eye chilies
– 5 shallots
– 3 cloves garlic
– 2cm ginger
– 2cm galangal
– 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1 teaspoon coriander powder
– 1 teaspoon cumin powder
1. Blend all the ingredients for the spice paste in a blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Heat the cooking oil in a large wok or pan over medium heat.
3. Sauté the minced garlic and sliced onion until fragrant.
4. Add the spice paste and cook until the oil separates from the paste.
5. Add the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, and crabs to the wok or pan. Stir well to coat the crabs with the spice paste.
6. Pour in the coconut milk and season with salt. Stir well and bring to a simmer.
7. Reduce the heat to low and cover the wok or pan. Let the crabs simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until they are cooked through.
8. Serve the ketam masak lemak cili api hot with steamed rice and your favorite side dishes.
Resepi ketam masak lemak cili api is a delicious and indulgent dish that is perfect for seafood lovers. The combination of sweet crab meat, creamy coconut milk, and spicy chili paste creates a harmonious blend of flavors that will leave you wanting more. This dish is relatively easy to prepare and can be enjoyed as a main course or as part of a larger feast. So why not give this recipe a try and impress your family and friends with this flavorful Malay dish?