Nasi Minyak is a traditional Malay dish that is rich in flavor and often served during special occasions and celebrations. It is a fragrant rice dish cooked with ghee or butter, and is usually accompanied by a variety of side dishes such as beef rendang or chicken curry. In this article, we will be sharing with you the recipe for Nasi Minyak from Azie Kitchen, a popular Malaysian food blog.
For the rice:
– 2 cups of basmati rice
– 2 tablespoons of ghee or butter
– 4 cups of water
– 1 cinnamon stick
– 3 cardamom pods
– 3 cloves
– 1 star anise
– Salt to taste
For the garnish:
– Fried shallots
– Chopped coriander leaves
1. Rinse the basmati rice under cold water until the water runs clear. Drain well.
2. Heat the ghee or butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, cloves, and star anise. Cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
3. Add the drained rice to the pot and stir well to coat the grains with the ghee or butter. Cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Pour in the water and add salt to taste. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid. Allow the rice to simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked through.
5. Once the rice is cooked, fluff it with a fork and remove the whole spices.
6. Transfer the Nasi Minyak to a serving dish and garnish with fried shallots and chopped coriander leaves.
Vitamin A: 2%
Vitamin C: 0%
Resepi Nasi Minyak Azie Kitchen is a traditional Malay dish that is loved by many. The fragrant rice cooked with ghee or butter and aromatic spices makes it a perfect accompaniment to a variety of side dishes. Whether you are serving it for a special occasion or simply craving a delicious and flavorful meal, this recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Give it a try and enjoy the rich flavors of Nasi Minyak!
Originally posted 2023-08-21 15:02:22.